Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (RQF) (SAME DAY RESULTS)
This is a legal requirement that all sales of alcohol taking place on licensed premises in England and Wales must be authorised by a personal licence holder
Our nationally recognised Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH) qualification is approved and fully accredited by The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). This 1-day training course has been designed to meet the statutory requirements and includes vital information on the responsibilities of licence holders, duties of the designated premises supervisor (DPS), the role & powers of licensing authorities and police regarding licensed premises.
Who should attend
All employees at all levels, specifically involved in the retail sale of alcohol and looking towards becoming a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS).
- Understanding the nature, purpose, and period of validity of a personal licence
- Understanding the application process and legal duties when applying for a personal licence
- The legal duties of a personal licence holder
- The roles, responsibilities, and functions of licensing authorities
- Licensing objectives and the importance of partnerships in promoting these objectives
- The nature and strength of alcohol and the effect on the body
- Law in relation to premises licences
- Key roles and responsibilities of the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)
- Law in relation to Temporary Event Notices
- Rights and legal duties of the responsible persons in relation to operation of licensed premises
- Law in relation to the protection of children on licensed premises
- Powers of the police and other authorities in relation to licensed premises
- Prohibitions and exemptions in relation to licensable activities
The standard price for this course is £125. It is currently discounted to £95.
You or a member of your staff must hold a personal licence if you sell alcohol from licensed premises, so that every sale or supply of alcohol is authorised by a personal licence holder. All licensed premises must have an allocated personal licence holder, known as the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS). The DPS must authorise every sale of alcohol.
Successful candidates will receive a Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders certificate from an awarding body within England and Wales who are currently recognised by Ofqual and Department for Education and Skills.
Examination: 1 Hour Multiple Choice Questions (28 correct to Pass out of 40)
The course duration is 1 day and consists of 8 hours.
GROUP BOOKINGS AND INHOUSE DELIVERY
Please contact us for group bookings and we will beat any quote.
Applying for Personal Licence
After passing the exam, the applicants need to make an application to their local council/licensing authority to obtain a licence. Following documents would also be needed along with the personal licence application form:
- Level 2 Award for Licence Holders (APLH) qualification certificate
- DBS check (this replaces the CRB check) – The DBS check certificate can be applied online at https://www.gov.uk/request-copy-criminal-record for £23 only.(Please note: the validity of this check is only 28 days)
- Two passport-size photos – One endorsed by a professional to prove the identity of the applicant
- Application fee payable to the licensing authority – £37
All of the above must be submitted to the local council (where the applicant lives) in order to apply for the personal licence to sell alcohol.
For group booking or group discounts, please email us at [email protected]. If you have any other questions, please call our office on 020 3488 2333 or 07378 352 465. For regular updates please visit our website or our Facebook page.
|INCLUDES||DEAL||PRICE ON THE DAY||PRICE ONLINE||OFFER EXPIRES ON|
|PERSONAL LICENCE COURSE (same day results)||Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders||£110.00||£95.00||31st May 2021|
27 Romford Road Stratford, London E15 4LJ